Win 8.1 - sqlite3.h not found

Dec 16, 2013 at 8:38 AM
Hi,

I am using the latest version of sqlite-winrt downloaded right here from CodePlex, on Visual Studio 2013 Pro and Windows 8.1.

The "SQLite for Windows Runtime", "SQlite for Windows Runtime Windows 8.1" and "SQLite for Windows Phone" Extensions are installed.

Using sqlite-winrt in a Windows Phone 8 project is no problem. But I am not able to build/use the SQLiteWinRT81 project:

error C1083: Could not open file (Include): "sqlite3.h": No such file or directory ...\sqlwinrt\sqlitewinrt81\pch.h 7 1 SQLiteWinRT

Indeed, the file "sqlite3.h" is not listed under "External dependencies" as it is in the Windows Phone project. However the file can be found here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.1\ExtensionSDKs\SQLite.WinRT81\3.8.2\DesignTime\CommonConfiguration\neutral

I already re-installed the "SQlite for Windows Runtime Windows 8.1" extension and ran the Update_Project_SQLite_SDK_References.ps1. But the project still does not find the file.

Please advise.
Coordinator
Dec 16, 2013 at 4:27 PM

I did have a broken version up there for about an hour, but I fixed it. I just downloaded the current source and built a new project and it compiled fine.

If you’re still having problems, delete the bin and obj folders of your project and do a rebuild – I find that sometimes a Clean doesn’t quite do it for me.

Jun 30, 2014 at 10:46 AM
I Downloaded the source today and I am getting the sqlite3.h not found exception in Winrt81 project. Windows 8 project is compiling fine. Can some one tell me how to resolve the issue.

Regards,
Sony Arouje